Posted to alt.home.repair
jtees4 jtees4 is offline

Default Home Depot's Inventory Control Problem

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 08:36:09 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Ed" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:08:34 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

(snip)
My favorite is hearing the announcements for HD bluelight specials of the
day announced in SPANISH.

WE'RE IN AMERICA. SPEAK ****ING ENGLISH OR GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME TO.

And this applies to all who pander to the invading slime.

Depends on where you are. In the southwest, there are plenty of 3rd and
4th generation Born In USA citizens who primarilly speak Spanish. Some
families can trace their presence back before the area WAS part of US.
Don't forget, lots of US territory used to belong to Spain or Mexico. Some
old land titles go back to Spanish land grants, not English or French
ones. The border moved, not the people or the culture. Yeah, they would
probably have an easier time if they assimilated fully into the Anglo
culture, but hey, they were there first.

So in other words- at least some of the people you bitch about ARE FROM
HERE. When did all your ancestors come over?

And no, I'm not a Spanish speaker. Wish I wasn't so lousy with languages-
it would make travel easier.

aem sends....

My grandparents came from Poland in 1912. They became naturalized citizens
by learning to read and write in English. They insisted their children
learn the language and customs of the US, and to be proud Americans, not
Polish-Americans.

Steve

The block I grew up on was a real melting pot, and basically we all
felt the same way as your grandparents did. I am Italian, my friends
were German/Italian, Polish, Black, Irish/French. But, we all
considered ourselves American.