Posted to alt.home.repair
mrsgator88 mrsgator88 is offline

Default Bamboo flooring

"yourname" wrote in message
news:HR1Eg.2006$v_1.1489@trndny01...
Alan wrote:
The bamboo samples I checked out were quite hard indeed much harder
than red oak or maple, and because of its stability, it would seem to
make a good kitchen flooring.

I have vertical [natural] bamboo, and it is nowhere near a hard as oak. My
dog has clawed it up [without breaking the finish] and has not done so on
the oak in my house. So although I like it, the hardness stuff is bs.

I have "engineered" bamboo floors and they dent easier than hardwood, but
thats because its a thin layer of bamboo over a plywood backing. I thing
"pure" bamboo would hold up much better. What kind do you have?