Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default Home Depot's Inventory Control Problem

Yes we at retail are under paid and you as consumers have the right to
good service but as long as you look for free returns and lowest price
then you will put up with what you have remember that. Also the next
time you open a box to see if all the parts are in it then take the one
behind it, leave parts all over the counter cause you couldn,t fiqure
it out and didn,t want to ask. Bring back the drill that was to small
to begin with but was 25.00 instead of 75.00 to do the drywall in your
basement then get huffy when you get a hassle to bring it back.
Claiming it didn,t do the job but the drywalls up, QUESSE WHO PAYS YOU
DO THERES LESS PROFIT TO PAY STAFF!!. I could tell you a hundred
stories but won,t change it cause you consumers think your always
right, you should hear what we think.
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , krw wrote:
In article ,
says...
In article , krw

wrote:

BTW, how do we continue to pay the government employee, making
*twice* what the civvies make?

Most scientists and engineers in government service are making significantly
*less* than their counterparts in the private sector. The disparity is even
greater for managers.

You certainly have not taken into account their benefits. *I*
certainly don't get their health and retirement benefits, though
will be paying for them until I die, and after, if the Democrats
have their way.

Even taking the value of benefits into account, civil servants still don't
make anywhere near twice as much as their civilian counterparts (as you
claimed).

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/P...20/the_great_w
age_gap

The author of this article begins to display his massive ignorance as early as
about the fifth paragraph:

"Average compensation for federal civilian workers last year came to $106,579
- which Chris Edwards of the Cato Institute notes is "exactly twice the
average compensation paid in the U.S. private sector." Throw out the benefits
and the difference is less, but still a whopping 62 percent more for the
federal worker."

Even if the figures are correct, the comparison is at best meaningless,
because it's comparing the average of *all* government employment to the
average of *all* non-government employment. This is an apples-and-oranges
comparison, because it's not comparing similar jobs.

The lowest wages in the private sector are found in retail stores and
restaurants. Q: how many retail stores and restaurants does the Federal
government operate? A: zero.

The Federal workforce also contains disproportionate numbers of scientists,
engineers, and managers -- all of which pay more than average.

When you compare _similar_jobs_ between the Federal civil service and the
private sector, you find that wages are almost always higher -- and not by
just a little bit, either -- in the private sector. That's why the Federal
government has a hard time retaining its top people: business hires them away.
You just don't hear about businesses losing their top people to the Federal
government because the pay is better. It just doesn't happen.

--
Regards,