Gunner

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:17:12 +1300, Tom wrote:

Guns? Who was talking about guns? Gunner quoted "rape, robbery, assault and
burglary are higher in the UK than in the US."
Apart from burglary they constitute violent crime.

Actually Tommy boy...in the UK, Hot Burglaries..where the home is
invaded by the bad guys, with the tenents home..is up also. And Id
consider that a violent crime.

And of course, with the cites I provided...robbery, assaults and
burglary are up in the UK, considerably greater than in the US. Do
check out the United States Department of Justice stats..unless you
consider those to be suspect also?? Snicker......

If you really want to bring guns into it compare the firearm
deaths in the UK with the US and remember dead is dead!

Tom

Yup..dead is dead. Going over some figures..I notice that New Zealand
has a much higher suicide rate than does the US. Something down there
makeing life unbearable? Might want to check in with your mental
health professional once in a while..just for a sanity check. Id miss
our banter....

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvintl.html

I also notice all those nasty guns causing a REALLY high suicide rate
in Japan.

And Gosh..look at the homicide rate in Mexico! Much higher than most
other countries with the exception of Estonia. Hummmmm Im pretty sure
most guns are illegal in Mexico.

Now on the other hand...Switzerland..now there is a hot bed of
crime...where virtually every home has a firearm, public shooting
ranges are everwhere, many homes have machine guns... Hey..its got a
lower homicide rate by any means, firearms or not..less then the UK
and NZ... gosh arooony Tommy...I wonder whats going on?

Norway..hummmm even more guns than New Zealand..and a hell of a lot
less homicides of any sort, including firearms...whats up with this
Tommy?

I wonder..hummm maybe..maybe its the Culture, stupid?

Na... though..I think I did provide something about the number of
blacks killing and being killed by blacks..and the other population of
the US having a homicide rate about equal to that of the UK, or not
much higher....about like NZ actually. Interesting..what with a
quarter billion firearms in the US in private hands....seems we should
be stepping over bodies right and left. No?

Gunner

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should
fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"