Gunner

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:03:20 +1300, Tom wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:48:24 +1300, Tom wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:05:46 +1300, Tom wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 11:06:23 -0500, Kirk Gordon
wrote:

Clearly, Gunner, I was wrong. You're not all that smart. I'm not
going to comment further, though. I'm afraid that if I make you angry,
you might do something drastic and dangerous, like putting a swimming
pool in my back yard.

KG

This is the kind of world Kirk wants. From one of my English mates, a
retired British trooper of some rank......

The usual irrelevant copy & paste followed........

Sigh...makes one wonder if Kirk might not be happier in the UK.

With a population of about 5th the US, and firearms deaths at
80 for last year, Kirk may not be happier, but he certainly
would be safer...

Tom

Perhaps safer from firearms..but rape, robbery, assault and burglary
are higher in the UK than in the US.

Odd how that happens when one takes away the means to defend ones
self, no?

Gunner

I thought safer from firearms was the question?

Of course throwing in an unsubstantiated statement,
could be construed as a failure to defend an earlier
unsustainable post...

Certainly, as usual it's BS:

US violent crime: 2002, 23 victims per 1000 persons
http://www.jointogether.org/gv/news/...566383,00.html

UK violent crime: 2000-1, 13.92 victims per 1000 persons
http://www.sustainable-development.g...l/2001/03a.htm

Still what's new?

Tom

Interesting..not what Interpol claims:
http://www.samizdata.net/blog/archives/004236.html

Here are Interpol 2001 crime statistics (rate per 100,000):
4161 - US
7736 - Germany
6941 - France
9927 - England and Wales

Thus the US has a substantially lower crime rate than the major
European countries!

. . .

[The US] murder rate is high largely due to the multicultural nature
of our society. Inner city blacks, members of a distinct subculture,
have a vastly higher criminal and victim homicide rate than our
society as an average:

Homicide Offender Rate/100,000 by Race in US (2000):

3.4 - White
25.8 - Black
3.2 - Other

It is often hypothesized that blacks are overrepresented in murder
statistics due to racism on the part of police and the justice system.
If this were true, one would expect that the race of victims would
have significantly different distribution than the race of the
perpetrators, but this is not the case:

Homicide Victim Rate/100,000 by Race in US (2000):

3.3 - White
20.5 - Black
2.7 - Other

Thus if you remove homicides committed by blacks (total: 21862,
Blacks:9316), and assume a proportionality between number of offenders
and number of offenses, you can extrapolate US homicide offender rate
of only 2.6/100,000, lower than Germany (3.27) and France (3.91).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/content_objectid=13175111_method=full_siteid=50143 _headline=-UK-VIOLENT-CRIME-RATE-SOARING-name_page.html

http://members.aol.com/gunbancon/Frames/Crime.html

http://members.aol.com/gunbancon/Frames/WSJ.html

It appears that I was partially incorrect on the rape stats(which
continue to rise in the UK, fall in the US) all else in my statments
appear to be true from the looks of it.

Now then..you were driveling on about what again? Hummmm?
Gunner

What a load of crap! Especially your interpretation of
some dubious stats from hardly credible sites!
Interpol? Yeah right!

Tom

You and Ed seemed to have missed commenting on the other
sites..including that report from the Washington Journal.

Thats a Hardly Credible site? Snicker....

Hint Tommy boy..I made NO interpretation, but provided them as I found
them. You do have a reading comprehension problem I take it?
Bummer..must suck to be you. Must be that Hate thing you have going
on......

Now..hummmm....Ill try another Hardly Credible site..

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/abstract/cjusew96.htm

U.S. Department of Justice
Bureau of Justice Statistics

Publications

Crime and Justice in the United States and in England and Wales,
1981-96
Compares crime in the United States and England with respect to crime
rates (as measured both by victimization surveys and police
statistics), conviction rates, incarceration rates, and length of
sentences. Crime rates as measured in victim surveys are all higher in
England than the United States. Crime rates as measured in police
statistics are higher in England for half of the measured crime types.
A person committing serious crime in the United States is generally
more likely than one in England to be caught, convicted, and
incarcerated. Incarceration sentences are also generally longer in the
United States than England. 9/98. NCJ 169284

Ah..Ed..does this site meet with your approval?

Feel free to browse.....its paid for by the taxpayers....

EG

Now Tommy boy..ah...ahum...you were saying something again?

Snicker........

Gunner

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should
fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"