Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Home Depot's Inventory Control Problem

In article , krw wrote:
In article Iy8Gg.661554$Fs1.374052@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net, says...

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
om...
In article , krw
wrote:

BTW, how do we continue to pay the government employee, making
*twice* what the civvies make?

Most scientists and engineers in government service are making
significantly
*less* than their counterparts in the private sector. The disparity is
even
greater for managers.

You are correct-

No, he is not.

not sure why previous poster misunderstood what I was
trying to say. We can't come close to matching what private-sector pays
qualified entry-level sysadmins and techies. One of many reasons Govt has
outsourced most of those jobs. Not cheaper for the taxpayers, but you can
get money for a service contract easier than you can get money for a warm
body.

Do the numbers. The private sector can't afford the medical nor
retirement benefits the public sector gets.

That simply isn't true.

If a corporation ran
the same sort of books the government did, the CEO would be
sleeping in the same bunk as Ken Lay.

No argument there -- but that's a separate issue from salaries.

BTW, did you read the article I linked?

See my response to your previous post -- the author of that article is
comparing apples and oranges.

--
Regards,