Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Considering detached metal clad workshop questions/comments

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 19:48:51 -0400, krw wrote:

In article . com,
says...

Owen Lawrence wrote:
If there's a thunderstorm in progress, you feel just a teensy bit
anxious!
FoggyTown

Being inside your metal shed is probably one of the safer places you can be
during a thunderstorm. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_Cage for an
explanation.

- Owen -

Yeah, yeah. That's science talking. I also know statistically it is
very unlikely that my plane will crash. Doesn't help.

Gee, I know it *DOES* help. Do you wander about on a golf course
in a T-storm waiving a one-iron above your head, thinking that it
couldn't hurt?

There's a difference related to grounding. That one-iron probably
isn't grounded (except through you).

Wow!

--
Mark Lloyd