Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus16089 Ignoramus16089 is offline

Default Steps for installing a transfer switch

On 20 Aug 2006 14:06:21 -0700, wrote:
the transfer switch is a indoor one.

its better to have it inside to minimize kids messing around

I thought that I could place a padlock on it.

install new cable from meter to transfer switch, then new cable to
existing main panel.

I will double check how this T.S. is supposed to be used, I will call
C-H tomorrow. (indoor vs outdoor rating and padlock/lockout availability)

How large a generator are you planning? if your from houston with that
13KW unit you might as well get a automatic transfer switch.......

I have a 7 kW Onan DJE generator,

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/onan/Diesel/