Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outlets in Counter Tops

wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:25:50 -0400, "John F."
wrote:

Can someone advise please what the code requirement is for the number of
outlets per foot for counter backsplash. I will have an L-shaped counter
179"total on one leg and 128" total on the other. Any specs for distances
from either side of the sink or standard stove? All outlets will be GFCI
protected at the outlet. Thanks.

The code is that no point shall be greater than 2' from a GFCI
receptacle. That is basically one every 4 feet

code is minimum, closer is better for kitchen countertops. what with so
many electrical appliances in use today.

many of which take longer to clean than using a knife, but my wife
loves all that junk.....

i would rather chop onions with a knife it only takes a couple minutes