Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is Home Depot paint any good?

"Alex" wrote in message
news
Guys and girls,

does anyone know how Home Depot brand primer and paints compare to Kelly
Moore?
Is it justified to spend more money on Kelly Moore? Is there any real
advantage to buy more expensive paint in general?
BTW I'll be painting wooden surface outside.

In general, the better paints cover better, spread easier, splatter less. I
use Pittsburgh because my local dealer has it and it has been very good over
the years. His prices are very good to. I've never found any bargains at HD
or WalMart on paint. Considering the life of paint, an extra $3 per gallon
is not much in the end.