Posted to misc.consumers.house
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default Consumer Notice ?

Chet Hayes writes:
If you're not out to screw the realtor, then explain this:

Does signing this mean , I cannot make a direct deal with the owner now?
(minus the agent)

Dear Douchebag,

First, when quoting things, you could really benefit from including
attribution so you can keep track of who said what and in what
context.

Among my admitted weaknesses is trying to rehabilitate the mentally
challenged. Sometimes this frustrates me. Now is one of those times.
So i'll apologize for the douchebag comment straight away, but you
certainly have earned it.

Now this supposed plot to circumvent/screw the realtor that you'd like
to pin on me was not mine. The words you quoted above (and their
suggested desire to be able to deal directly with the owner "minus the
agent") were the words of the original poster "John"
who posted with address

Hoewver, by signing this agreement, the realtor if they found out
you ultimatley bought the place, could come back to the owner and
demand commission because the place ultimately sold to someone who
originally came in under their listing agreement.

Or some crap like that.

Yes, these are my words--one paragraph in a rather long initial reply
that was rather informative and helpful to John's question, hastily
typed I might add. And in that reply to John--the original poster-- I
was telling him that if he had any aspirations of dealing with the
owner without the agent was now doubly screwed because not only would
the listing agreement preclude such direct dealing while the listing
is being actively managed by the agent, but also, if later the house
went FSBO and he had the hairbrain idea to approach the owner at htat
point, the paper trail he's left behind with the agent would leave the
seller/owner exposed to the agent coming after the seller for a
commission.

about a minute or two, and the moral microscope you've put this one
paragraph under might have burned a hole through the screen at this
point.

The only way the realtor is entitled to and can demand a commission
is if they are rightfully owed one per the listing agreement.

What part of "I've never disputed this" don't you understand?

Stating that the governing factor is whether the prospective buyer
signed a disclosure document is advice for someone who is dishonest
and out to scam the broker by trying to lie about when and how they
were introduced to the property.

Tsk tsk. Now you're making **** up again Chet. I never stated that.

Step away from the keyboard. Get outside. Interact with the real
world. You've created a momentous pointless thread to nowhere based
on selectively forgetting the context in which things were offered.
Put away your pitchfork. Maybe your diet is making your crabby. Who
knows.

No one was saying it'd be a good idea for John to try to screw the
listing agent out of any commission.

If you go back after you clear your head and reread things without the
pitchfork in your hand headed in my direction, you might see that in
my reply to the original poster, I was telling John he was screwed if
he had any intent of dealing directly with the seller because a) it's
a listed property currently and b) even it it went fsbo later, there
was a paper trail tying him to having seen it while listed, so there'd
be complications even if he wanted to try to do the sneaky approach.

Can you let it rest and quit inventing new ways to twist things? Once
you quit doing that, I can quit setting the record straight when you
invent new ways to misunderstand simple english sentences.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/