Posted to alt.home.repair
John Gilmer John Gilmer is offline

Default Low voltage vs. 110v outdoor lighting?

"ESM" wrote in message
.. .
I have some 30w "flood" lights that are actually pretty decent considering
they are LV. There are also 50w ones. I use my LV lighting for effect

more
then anything. They are adequate for lighting a walkway so you can find
your way, but you can't really see a lot of detail.

Well, a 60 watt 120 volt lamp will not exactly turn night into day.

Note that automobile headlight are 12 volt bulbs.

Problem I got with the LV stuff is the price. I've had 2 flood lights

just
go bad on me, at $15 a pop. They rip you off almost 50% of the cost of an
entire unit just to get a replacemtn bulb. But, there's nothing else to
use.

You might stop by the auto parts section of Wally World and pick up an
"auxiliary headlight." These are weatherproof and operate on 12 volts.
$15 can buy a pair of cheap "fog lights."