Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
R. Pierce Butler R. Pierce Butler is offline

Default Considering detached metal clad workshop questions/comments

" wrote in news:1156025098.576415.326360
@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I am in the middle of a shop rewire. My concern is accidently leaving
something on like a soldering iron that might cause a fire.

So my shop light circuit will be connected to some heavy duty
contactors basically relays, that will turn EVERYTHING but one outlet
off with the lights.

I have a friend who did the same after finding his soldering iron HOT
after a weeks vacation

I will have 6 20 amp breakers, I use the shop for work fixing
laminating machines they draw lots of power

Don't forget the GFIC outlets/breakers.