Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Dedicated Tv Channel And Website

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message om
from "Dave Liquorice" contains these words:

Making half decent programmes ain't cheap
and to make a good "How to..." will require a deep understanding

of the
task and good production planning. Just squirting a camcorder

about
whilst someone does the job won't be good enough, you need

explanation
from someone who knows the gotchas.

Oh, and don't make it look too easy. Much as I enjoy watching Norm
Abram, he does still make it look much easier than it is.

But it is easy, to him, just like changing a car wheel is to you, how
would you make doing that look difficult when it is not (about the
only thing you could do is point out the pit falls)... The programme
I like, not for it's format or style, is 'Holms on Homes' - we see
what (so called professionals) people have f***ed up, how they did so
and more importantly what was required to correct it.

If you're expecting people to actually learn something, which is

what
many would like to do, don't also try to make it into an

entertainment
programme full of either a) glitzy ideas that go together like

clockwork
and have long haired/cuffed "designers" floating about airily, or

b) a
long catalogue of disasters.

Oh the old style over content trap, I fully agree!