Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop Dave Fawthrop is offline

Default blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 22:25:46 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

|On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 19:34:15 GMT, John wrote:
|
| Get your hand down there and round the u bend
|
| Why do people assume the blockage is just around the bend - it could be
| yards away.

|'cause in most cases that is where the blockage is...

|I find that a 3/4 of a bucket of water poured moderately quickly (5s for
|the the pour) from 2 to 3' above the pan and aimed at the hole rather
|than the sides will shift most things.
|
|Obviously with the pan that full already this might not be wise, so a
|plunge is required first either with your hand or even a standard bog
|brush shufted up and down a few times might get things loosened enough
|for the water level to drop.

Better a plumbers plunger which will partially seal round the edge and
create an overpressure in the bog and IME usually clears a blockage.