Posted to alt.home.repair
ESM ESM is offline

Default Low voltage vs. 110v outdoor lighting?

I have some 30w "flood" lights that are actually pretty decent considering
they are LV. There are also 50w ones. I use my LV lighting for effect more
then anything. They are adequate for lighting a walkway so you can find
your way, but you can't really see a lot of detail.

Problem I got with the LV stuff is the price. I've had 2 flood lights just
go bad on me, at $15 a pop. They rip you off almost 50% of the cost of an
entire unit just to get a replacemtn bulb. But, there's nothing else to
use.

"Steve Kraus" wrote in message
link.net...
Yeah but are any of those low voltage lights worth a damn? Seems like
they
light enough to make themselves known but do little in the way of useful
lighting. Maybe someone ought to design a system using a LV version of
compact fluorescents. Then they could put out a decent amount of light
without drawing too much current to be practical which may be the problem
inherent in incandescent LV systems.