Posted to alt.home.repair
ESM ESM is offline

Default bathroom ventilation fan

"MDT at Paragon Home Inspections, LLC"
wrote in message
oups.com...
How bad is it if I leave it like that? The attic has all blown-in
insulation and the fan outlet is pretty damn close to one of the sofets.

Potentially this is a serious problem, Home Inspectors *frequently* see
water damage and/or mold on sheeting and rafters as a result of attic
condensation from dryers and bathroom vents, here's an example of what
happens when the "fan outlet is pretty damn close to one of the
soffits":

http://www.buildingdiagnosticshelp.c...s/fan-duct.gif

Wow, that's some extreme mold. How long do you think it took for that to
occur? I have a feel the vent in the guest bathroom really never got used
much for moisture. I'll have to go digging through the blown-in insulation
to see if there's any type of mold starting to form or not. I guess I'll
have the roofers add a 2nd gooseneck vent to my work, as I'm already having
one put in for the new master bath fan.