Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

wrote:
Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On 19 Aug 2006 09:07:42 -0700,
wrote:

|I rent.

|So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?
|
|For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he

no thankyou!

update - after a couple of hours, the water level has (slowly) dropped
down, but the block is still there

I have bought a bottle of Mr Muscle 'sink & plughole unblocker'

It is super-corrosive, and says 'do not use in toilets'.

Should I do that anyway, or is that a really bad idea?

I mean.. if it's corrosive... it'll 'burn' through cotton wool/andrex
wet wipes (whatever is blocking it easily.... right?

if it says not for bogs its not for bogs.

wouldnt conc H2SO4 from plumbers merchant do it?

NT