Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default No Roof Shingles

wrote:
How long since you closed?

Uhm...about 11 months. ;-) I just bought a ladder, so the roof was
inaccessible. My main motivation behind the purchase was that I
noticed what looked like rotting fascia next to the chimney. The
fascia is under the shingleless section. And the wood IS quite rotten.

What sort of disclosure/pre-closure inspection was done?

I had a pre-purchase done with a guy that someone assured was a "deal
killer", I know he climbed on the roof; he remarked something about
alligatoring near the chimney, which was fixed by the prior owner.

Unless it is actually of low enough slope to qualify as a flat roof
(which I doubt on a dwelling unless it was an addition, not original
construction), it's almost surely adequate pitch for asphalt shingles.

It could be an addition, but the room is unfinished, so I doubt it.

Thanks

Alligatoring is a condition of a built up roof. You most
likely have a built up roof. Common for flat or low slope
roofs. Not the best type of roof or the longest lasting, but
common.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.