Posted to alt.home.repair
Buck Turgidson Buck Turgidson is offline

Default Cellulose Insulation without Machine

Well, if you are *determined* to add 3/4" of insulation,
here is what I did:

Drill 1" holes top and bottom of each space.

Jury rig the outlet of electric leaf blower to the upper hole.
Remove inlet screen on blower motor.
Hand feed cellulose right into the blower!

It works!!

I was blowing 2 X 4 stud spaces this way because I only
had a couple to do and getting the machine was silly.
I was working from outside; you'll have to contend with
dust inside the room, but if you work slowly it should
be manageable.

Thanks. I can insulate the wall of a very cold room for less than it costs
me to fill the tank of my Toyota. It sounds crazy but it seems like a
no-brainer given the cost of heating.