Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Dedicated Tv Channel And Website

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:02:26 +0100, BESTDIY wrote:

Would be extremely interested in getting your views on what you would
like to see on a dedicated TV show and website for Strictly DIY?

Real quality "How to..." not some splash some paint about make over crap.
From the basic "How to put up a shelf" to "How to plaster a ceiling" or
"How to fit a carpet". BTW the first isn't as straight forward as it
sounds, What is the shelf to be used for? What is the wall construction?

Your views are important to me as I have the task of pulling this all
together and producing it.

Good luck, but how are you going to fund it? You are actually going to
have to *make* the content 'cause there ain't none out there at the
moment, at least not UK based. Making half decent programmes ain't cheap
and to make a good "How to..." will require a deep understanding of the
task and good production planning. Just squirting a camcorder about
whilst someone does the job won't be good enough, you need explanation
from someone who knows the gotchas.

--
Dave Liquorice MIBS
Broadcast Sound Engineer pam is missing e-mail