Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hilary@fashionsintime.com is offline

Default Opinions please - best exterior paint for old house

wrote:

Something doesn't add up here. You say the oil based paint that went
on 15 years ago lasted 10 years and then that you had it scraped and
painted 10 years ago?

Yeah, that's wrong. I had it painted again 5 years ago. The first paint
lasted 10 years. I really should proof-read my posts!

I'd go to Consumer Reports website. They do actual testing, which may
not be perfect but I think it has validity, is consistent and is based
more on fact than personal opinion.

Already did, but I'm a huge fan of personal recommendations, both good
and bad, from people who have used the product themselves.