Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle Cliff Hartle is offline

Default Cellulose Insulation without Machine

The machine also fluffs it up. Coming out of the bag the stuff is super
compressed. There is pourable insulation that could work, but as others
have said 3/4" is not going to be easy to do and you might get an R factor
of like less than 1.

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
newsmDFg.1738$Tl4.1009@dukeread06...
I have a small area (about 8' wide) that needs insulation. It is drywall
on furring strips on cinderblock. About half is below grade. Lowes
wouldn't rent me the blower since I didn't buy 20 bags of the stuff, and I
am not really keen on using it anyway, due to the mess.

Any ideas on how to install this stuff from the inside manually? I was
thinking of just opening a couple of 2" holes in each stud cavity, and
pouring it in with a funnel. Sounds time consuming, but it is a small
area, and I have a TV in the room to occupy me

The cinder block is faced with tarpaper (circa 1961), so I am also a
little concerned about there being some asbestos in there, which is
another reason why I don't want to blow.