Posted to alt.home.repair
Buck Turgidson Buck Turgidson is offline

Default Cellulose Insulation without Machine

I have a small area (about 8' wide) that needs insulation. It is drywall
on furring strips on cinderblock. About half is below grade. Lowes
wouldn't rent me the blower since I didn't buy 20 bags of the stuff, and I
am not really keen on using it anyway, due to the mess.

Any ideas on how to install this stuff from the inside manually? I was
thinking of just opening a couple of 2" holes in each stud cavity, and
pouring it in with a funnel. Sounds time consuming, but it is a small area,
and I have a TV in the room to occupy me

The cinder block is faced with tarpaper (circa 1961), so I am also a little
concerned about there being some asbestos in there, which is another reason
why I don't want to blow.