Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Bizarre behavior at Amazon

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:28:01 -0600, Chris Friesen
wrote:

Prometheus wrote:

Let me get this straight- you were sitting at home (or elsewhere)
ordering tools off the internet, and you're upset because Amazon
wouldn't sell you something at Woodcraft's price.

No, he's mad because they wouldn't honour their own pricing policy, and
refused to admit that they even *had* such a policy even after he sent
them a link to their own website.

I'd feel the same way.

To a certain extent, I can see what you're saying- but I still can't
get my head around the idea of arguing with a vendor about price
matching when simply buying from the cheaper one is a matter of a
click or two of the mouse. Presumably, they are the same product- if
the cheaper vendor offers an inferior one, or terrible service, then
it's fair to say that the more expensive one has added value and is
worth the extra $$$.