Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bob kater bob kater is offline

Default Philips TV on the blink.............. Literally

I work in a hotel and we recently installed Phillips 27" flat screen TV's
failure rate is abt 5% on 85 sets most problems are the same as you are
seeing. Most did not last two days. Warranty repair shop guessed the problem
before I even told him what it was. Screen goe snowy, comes back good then
turns black and white etc etc etc. Tv's prior to these were the same brand
and we averaged 2 a week after 7 years with abt the same issue but probably
different parts going bad.
"b" wrote in message
oups.com...

Steve wrote:
Hi guys,
I am in UK
Has anyone come across this problem and found a remedy?
We have a Philips 32" widescreen TV (W76ERF001X013) with virtual dolby
surround sound.
Up until yesterday, we have had no complaints with it since the day we
got it. Then, without warning, it went crazy. The screen went black for
about 2 seconds and then the programme came back on. The screen showed
all the details it normally does when the TV is first started, ie, prog
number, screen size, dolby and programme (bbc1, bbc2 etc).
This is repeated every 10 seconds or so.
To whittle the problem down to being the TV itself and not Sky or the
DVD stuff, I have unplugged everything except the power lead and the TV
airiel (terrestrial channels only)
Any clues?
Cheers,
ste

many of the later philips sets have problems with the microproc.
they tend to jam onto an AV channel input. best get it to a tech before
it gets worse. there's very little yuou can do if you lack the
experience of tv repair, not to mention safety hazards.
.en