Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Crack in slab. Contract pending on house.

"themeanies" wrote in message
climate with temps ranging from 25-105F annually.

The crack in question is approximately 25 ft long and travels under two
walls. 4ft of the slab is exposed in the garage and the other 21 ft are
tile in the kitchen. The grout in the tile is cracked. I do not yet know
how long it has been there or if it has been looked at professionally. So
questions.

1)Is this a deal breaker?

2)Should I look into stabilization?

3)What is likely to happen to this in the future? We plan to stay in this
home for a long time.

I'd want to know how long it has been there, and has it moved since.

I have a similar crack in my lower level slab. It has been there for 25
years and has not moved. If yours is a similar situation, no big deal. Do
some checking, but I doubt it is a deal breaker.