fred

Default Shower cable in a copper pipe ??

In article , Steve
writes
fred wrote:
In article , NC neil.catley@NOSPAMPLE
ASETHANKYOU.?.com writes

Wanderer wrote:

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 07:57:50 +0000 (UTC), NC wrote:

All,
I currently have cable running to my shower through sealed conduit
attached to the top of the skirting board in the bathrooom - the
design of the flat precludes passing it through the walls. It is
safe / allowed for me to use chromed copper pipe for this instead as
it will look a lot nicer and fit in better with the other pipes in
the room ?? Safety etc says it may not be....

It's not something I would do myself, an accident waiting to happen, but if
you _must_ then I suggest drilling a small/medium sized hole in the pipe in
an obvious but unobtrusive position to give the next owner a chance to see
that it couldn't possibly be a water pipe.

If you say "Shiny metal conduit" instead of "pipe" it should make you
feel better.

Steve

LOL

Yeah, know where you're coming from, but I see a 'pipe' I turn off the water,
I see a 'conduit' I turn off the power :-)
--
fred