Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tom Tom is offline

Default Tree name wanted in Florida

My daughter lives in the Fort Lauderdale area or in Pembroke Pines to be
exact. I cut some big limbs off of a tree in her front yard and took a
couple big hunks of the limb home with me to Illinois. The bark on the tree
is a very smooth silvery color. She or her neighbors had no idea what kind
of tree it is, but practically everyone has a tree like this in their yard.
It looks like it would turn nicely and appears to have a kind of tight
grain. Do any of you folks in the Florida area have any idea what kind of
wood/tree this might be. I realize I might be asking you to guess, but
these trees are everywhere down there. Thanks for your help.