Grant Erwin

Default Two electrical questions, please

Ivan Vegvary wrote:

2) My machines will be out in the middle of the floor. Do I simply dangle a
conduit from the roof framing (15 ft. above), or, do I install a post upon
which the conduit will come down? Do I do this once for each machine?
Somebody must have a clever solution to this situation. I don't want to cut
up my slab and install wires below.

I have seen shops which run power to machines right across the floor, and
they use sheet metal double-sided "ramps" over the conduit so no one trips.
Personally, I'd just run boxes on the walls and run SO cable across the floor
in nice neat straight runs. If you have to run machinery over the cabling
then place a long 2x4 next to the cable.

Grant