Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Home Depot's Inventory Control Problem

On 08/17/06 11:49 pm wrote:

Just my 2 cents here about why I hate lowes MORE than HD.

When in Lowes here in NY I cannot find ANYONE to assist.
They call, page and get nothing. Thats bull.

The people who they have working at my local one are locals
that dont know ANYTHING about their departments.
(I found this out on the rare occasion I found someone in the
first place)

The local HD are not much better, but at least they can direct
you in the right direction on where to find stuff. I wouldnt
never rely on the HD guys opinion on a project. I rather
get second and third opinions from people in the newgroups.

When we lived on Long Island, we had four HDs within a reasonable
distance, but not all with the same stock or atmosphere. Only at one of
them were customers metaphorically frisked as they left. Lowe's came
later. Each carried stuff that the others didn't, but I can't say that
there was a whole lot to choose between them.

Now in W. Michigan, we have Lowe's just around the corner and a few HD
stores much farther away. We also have small Menards (Wisconsin-based
chain), True Value, Ace, and Do-It-Best stores. Now HD is due to open
within the next month or two and a much bigger Menards within the next
year. (This all in spite of a plummeting job market and a more-or-less
static housing market.) It will be interesting to see how everything
works out.

When we first moved here, Lowe's had a "decruited" electronics engineer
working in the electrical dept., but he is now working in the garden
dept. watering plants.

Perce