Posted to alt.home.repair
Craven Morehead Craven Morehead is offline

Default Home Depot's Inventory Control Problem

Officially...dwarfs. Diplomatically...little people.

wrote in message
ups.com...

frank1492 wrote:
I used to take great joy in visiting HD, but over the past year it has
become a frustrating experience. (I live in MA.) Every time I need
something these days, they are out os stock, and I'm not talking
slow-moving stuff, I'm talking basics like 3/4" copper elbows! They
tell me they can't order when they need something these days,
but receive stuff only when the home office tells them they need
it!
The other day, they only had ONE model of hedge trimmer in
stock in the Worcester store, so I went to Lowe's. No problem
finding HedgeHogs there.
Anybody else seeing this? One other observation: If an item
can be found at both Wal*Mart and HD, Walmart usually steps
all over HD on price.
I'm starting to dread going to HD.
Frank

Home depot moves in with decent prices and a half way knowledgeable
staff...one person in each department who knows somewhat something
about the items in his department. I noticed when they first got here
they had some pretty decent prices...

Okay...home depot gets established and then puts all local small time
hardware and building supply businesses out of business....home depot
prices then start rising and now I have noticed that their staff is
getting dumber....

I find myself going to lowes more now because of the better selection
and the brighter cleaner store..... also our local Lowes has 2 midgets
working in the store...not one...but TWO midgets...a man and a
woman...... I have not dealt with the woman much but the man hangs out
around the tool area and he knows exactly where everything on his end
of the store is...tools, plumbing, electrical..hardware.....

What are the odds of having two midgets working in one Lowes ???

Not making fun of them...dont know any other word than midget to
describe to them and I dont mean it in an offensive way.

Home depot is dark and dank.....poor selection of goods.....
Lowes clean and bright store...better selection of goods...tremendously
better selection of tools.

I do miss my old local ace hardware....I knew exactly where everything
in that store was...knew the people by name...could hang out in there
and chat about things...Lowes and home depot employees seem cold....all
business....but its not their fault...Id say they got the secret HD or
Lowes police in there ready to pounce upon any employee wasting time by
striking up a convo with a customer.