Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Home Depot's Inventory Control Problem

wrote:

That is basically what I have heard. I wonder how many
customers, though, have gotten as upset as I have over it.
A couple of key questions:
(1) Why do you prefer HD to Lowe's?

I prefer Lowe's-- but I suspect that is because they are the 'New Guy'
in our town. The gap is narrowing as Lowe's sinks lower and lower
in the customer service, quality, and 'have it onhand' departments.

(2) Why does *everybody* hate Wal*Mart?

I don't. I suspect that about 1/2 of the Walmart haters also hate
Microsoft, IBM, Disney, Toyota, and any other company that has found a
successful business model and made a crapload of money. [is Google
soon to be on that list?] Another large segment might hate them for
their treatment of their employees.

If I have a choice I prefer to shop at my locally owned grocer- my
local hardware store, and my local electronics place. But sometimes
it just makes sense to go to Walmart and save myself a bunch of $ and
a lot of time.

Jim