Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Thompson James Thompson is offline

Default Video through RF cable no longer works

"Bozlo" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hey,
We had a pretty strong thunderstorm recently, and one really close
lightning strike. And no longer does the television video work through
the RF cable. I tried putting it directly to the tv, to no avail. So
now I have it going into the vcr and video/audio out to the tv. In
other words video still works fine on the tv, just not through RF
cable. I am guessing the lightning fried something. It is a JVC 36" tv
(CRT), attached to a base, so not easy to move. My question is how
easy, or not would it be to fix, and what would it cost? Thanks very
much!

The tuner module has been zapped, You will have to have a tv service tech
repair that as it is not a user repair job. You are lucky in that it didn't
zap the whole set, but still the repair will not be cheap.
Can't guess on cost for your area, but you can figure at least 100.00 Us
dollars to fix.