Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Home Depot's Inventory Control Problem

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 21:17:02 -0500, Al Bundy
wrote:

frank1492 wrote in
:

I used to take great joy in visiting HD, but over the past year it has
become a frustrating experience. (I live in MA.) Every time I need
something these days, they are out os stock, and I'm not talking
slow-moving stuff, I'm talking basics like 3/4" copper elbows! They
tell me they can't order when they need something these days,
but receive stuff only when the home office tells them they need
it!
The other day, they only had ONE model of hedge trimmer in
stock in the Worcester store, so I went to Lowe's. No problem
finding HedgeHogs there.
Anybody else seeing this? One other observation: If an item
can be found at both Wal*Mart and HD, Walmart usually steps
all over HD on price.
I'm starting to dread going to HD.
Frank

I have noticed this over the past couple of years.

And discontnuing items for a higher priced line. Example comes to mind.
Went to get a plastic toilet supply line. Empty. Knowledgable employee I
know nearby. Says they were discontinued and they will only have the
metal braded from now on.

And please, don't someone say how much better they are. They may be but
the betterness will never get used. Never had a plastic one explode on me
yet!

You obviously need a pressure booster.