Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Home Depot's Inventory Control Problem

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 01:39:54 GMT, frank1492
wrote:

I used to take great joy in visiting HD, but over the past year it has
become a frustrating experience. (I live in MA.) Every time I need
something these days, they are out os stock, and I'm not talking
slow-moving stuff, I'm talking basics like 3/4" copper elbows! They
tell me they can't order when they need something these days,
but receive stuff only when the home office tells them they need
it!
The other day, they only had ONE model of hedge trimmer in
stock in the Worcester store, so I went to Lowe's. No problem
finding HedgeHogs there.
Anybody else seeing this?

The only thing I noticed was today, at a store that just opened 10
days ago, that they don't have many glues in the 4 oz.
toothpaste-style tube. I was in a conversation with a friendly clerk
who said they were still stocking the store, that he put out new
things several times a day. I said the area was full, but he said
that one of the vendors for glue got their first and just filled the
area with his stuff, and when the other stuff comes, they'll rearrange
things. I should say that this HD store just opened about 10 days
ago.

But I"m going to check out other stores and another HD to see if HD
rreally sells things like 4 oz. tubes of GE silicone, and DURO rubber,
etc. I know if it's sold in a caulking tube, you get 6? times as much
150% of the price, but otoh, if I have no other uses, it will dry in
the tube.

I'm starting to dread going to HD.
Frank