Excitable Boy

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

Kirk Gordon wrote in message ...
Thirsty Viking wrote:

My point was that even GOV"T numbers show almost 1/2
MILLION defensive uses by Victims of VIOLENT crimes
that were REPORTED in 2002.

If they were victims of violent crime, that suggests that the
guns weren't of much use.

On the contrary, the only studies done show a much higher
incidence of not being seriously injured.

I'll believe that when they pry my sanity from my cold, dead brain.

Here in Philadelphia, as in most major cities, violent crimes like
armed robbery are an everyday occurance. And, when reported on the 11
o' clock news, they're one of our favorite spectator sports. I don't
actually keep score; but I'm absolutely certain that this year's crop of
armed, dead shop owners outnumber dead or wounded robbers by a huge margin.

We don't have many guns and we don't have much armed
robbery, either. Girls walk around here with plenty of
cash in their purses in the middle of the night without
particular fears of rape or robbery. Of course there's
always *some* crime anywhere, but in a fairly gun-free
society, getting shot is very uncommon.

Gunner et al are full of **** on the gun issue. These
people do absolutely NOTHING when it's TIME to go to
Washington and use the damn things, but as a side-effect
of their little fixation lots of other people get killed.
As far as I can see there is no redeeming value whatsoever
to their arguments.