Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel J.A. Michel is offline

Default Punchdown Blocks?

A 12 port Cat5E punchdown block ought to do it for you. I just wired my
house too and I used this one:

http://www.hometech.com/techwire/head.html#LE-47689QP

Near the bottom of the page, part #GC-PV5E12P

"MP" wrote in message
.. .
I will be moving into my new place soon, and all the wiring has been done
already.

At the place where all the Cat5 cable ends are, I'd like to get a
punchdown block and use it to make the wiring really clean.

I will have less than 10 cables and would like to know what I need to get.
That's where I will be putting the switch/router.

What "spec" do I need to look for in a punchdown block? Does it need to
have x amount of pairs, etc.

Thanks in advance.
MP