Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken Weitzel Ken Weitzel is offline

Default Video through RF cable no longer works

Bozlo wrote:
Hey,
We had a pretty strong thunderstorm recently, and one really close
lightning strike. And no longer does the television video work through
the RF cable. I tried putting it directly to the tv, to no avail. So
now I have it going into the vcr and video/audio out to the tv. In
other words video still works fine on the tv, just not through RF
cable. I am guessing the lightning fried something. It is a JVC 36" tv
(CRT), attached to a base, so not easy to move. My question is how
easy, or not would it be to fix, and what would it cost? Thanks very
much!

Hi Bozlo...

Got me confused already, and I expect the others will be
too...

Video through the rf cable? Can you explain that differently,
or perhaps in more detail?

Take care.

Ken