Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Bizarre behavior at Amazon

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 22:31:24 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

There have been a number of negative posts about Amazon recently. Well,
this is one more.

Woodcraft has the Triton 3.25hp router for $200, while Amazon is $255.
Amazon's policy on their website is that they will beat anyone's price by
10% of the difference. Not a great policy (Lowes beats prices by 10%, not
just the difference), but not bad.

I tried to take them up on it, and they denied they had such a policy.
I sent them a link to the policy on their website.
They still denied they have such a policy.

When they resort to simply telling stupid lies, it is time to shop
elsewhere; the occasional bargain isn't worth it.

Let me get this straight- you were sitting at home (or elsewhere)
ordering tools off the internet, and you're upset because Amazon
wouldn't sell you something at Woodcraft's price.

Maybe I can understand the problem here if you were driving back and
forth all over town and blew $20 in gas to save $25- but you
(presumably) never had to leave your chair. So just order the sucker
from Woodcraft, and be happy you got a good deal... I don't see why
you'd boycott Amazon and pay extra on other things in the future over
one item's price.