Posted to alt.home.repair
bob kater bob kater is offline

Default Condensation inside bathroom vent fan - update

i alway move up one size and never had an issue
"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
This is a long time coming. Back in March 2006 I opened a topic stating
that I was getting pools of condensation in my bathroom vent fan. The
fan in question was a Panasonic FV 11VQL3 110 CFM. I tried insulation
aroung the vent pipe - didn't work. Insulation around fan - didn't
work; removed the dampener (flappy thing that does not allow air to
travel back in fan) - didn't work. Finally I took the fan in the
Warranty Shop and they said the Squirrel Cage and motor had to be
replaced. I had high hopes. 3 MONTHS later (due to back order of parts)
I got the fan back installed it and.... same problem.

I called REWilliams.com and they are going to take the fan back. They
were pretty understanding and have a good policy on defective products.

So overall I wanted to say thanks to the people that responded to the
original posting "Condensation inside bathrrom vent fan" and say I am
getting a new fan from Home Depot. Hopefully this one will work. Heck I
might find out that my home has some sort of moisture/venting issue.
Funny thing about this whole experience is that I learned more about
ventalation and fans that I would really care to know.

Also as far as the Panasonic fan, I hear good things about it. Just
cause this one fan did not work for me I am not writing them off. If
there was a place that sold them for 100 bucks like REWilliams.com I
would try another one but all these fan places sell them for $175.

Regards,

Mike