Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Bought B&D 586 Tapgun, what is it?

RicodJour wrote:

mm wrote:
On 17 Aug 2006 05:36:52 -0700, "RicodJour"
wrote:

Well, if the guy had a automatic tapping gun there should be some taps
flating around. If you can't find them, you can often find boxes of
taps at garage sales and the like.

Harbor Freight also sells taps and matching wood handled things, which
they don't call dies, but which they say "Make sure-holding rods from
wood dowels. Comes with matching tap for perfectly sized holes.
Hardwood handle. " These run from 20 to 24 dollars depeding on size.

That's a different animal. The gun you have is a metalworking tool.
I'm just saying you can use your gun with the regular metal taps in
wood and get surprisingly good results.

He can also likely Ebay the tapgun which he seems to have no use for and
make a good deal of money if he describes it properly so metalworkers
can find it. Heck, I'd give $50 + $9 for Priority Mail shipping for it.

Pete C.