Posted to rec.woodworking
Vic Baron Vic Baron is offline

Default Ah, even they agree they cheated me!

wrote in message
oups.com...

Toller wrote:
When they resort to simply telling stupid lies, it is time to shop
elsewhere; the occasional bargain isn't worth it.

I sent them an email just to let them know I wouldn't be shopping there
in
the future, after spending maybe $5,000 there over the last few years. I
got this reply.

"I have reviewed our previous correspondence with you, and I offer my
sincere apologies for any misunderstanding thus far.

We're committed to providing you the best possible prices on tools
and equipment in our Amazon Tools & Hardware store. If you find a
better delivery price anywhere for an item we sell, please contact
us before placing your order. We will not only match the
competitor's price in most cases, but we will also beat it by 10% of
the difference (some restrictions apply)."

Does that sound like a sincere apology?
I informed them I had already purchased the tool elsewhere.

It sounds like a form letter that may even have been sent
by an autoignorebot, based on keywords in your email.
AOL was the first major outfit to use them but they have
become legion. Some will add a random name (first name
only) to the bottom of the email as a 'personal' touch.

--

FF

All speculation. *someone* made a mistake and *someone* else is attempting
to correct it. that's all.
I recently ordered an item from Rockler online - didn't have time to drive
to their retail outlet. Just before it arrived, as luck would have it, I
*had* to go to the retail outlet. Imagine my surprise at finding the same
item $20 cheaper. Called Rockler Customer Service and after a consul with a
supervisor - CS rep told me they could do nothing but I could send the
product back and buy from the retail store! Considering freight both ways,
it would be a wash.

Decided to complain directly so I sent a letter to Ann Rockler Jackson - CEO
of Rockler explaining the transaction. Received a call 3 days later with an
apology and also received a $20 gift cert in the mail. Bottom line - the
supervisor either made a mistake or misunderstood the policy.

Just fyi -

Vic