Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Andy is offline

Default How Quiet Can I Get From Boxing a Noisy Shop Vac?

wrote:
Seem like no one can tell me if boxing-in the shop vac will cut down
the noise significantly. I guess I will have to try building one and
see what will happen.

Please let us know what materials you use and if/how much your box
helps. I'd be very curious - I'll probably build some kind of box
eventually.
Another thing I've done is to secure a piece of open-cell foam over the
blower/motor housing on top of my Ridgid vac. This helps a little with
noise, but mostly it keeps the cooling fan from blowing air/debris up
into my face. Again, this hasn't caused overheating, even combined
with the other factors I mentioned in my earlier post.
Thanks,
Andy