Posted to alt.home.repair
Italian Italian is offline

Default Need to remove concrete floor in bathroom

Use a good quality Diamond blade splurge on this blade believe me it is
worth it. To keep the dust down have a helper spray (with a garden hose
or pump sprayer) a small stream of water onto the blade while
cutting...not too much just enough to keep the dust wet you will catch
on quickly how to adjust the stream of water..

Yes you can use a carbide blade to cut concrete and yes they are MUCH
cheaper than the diamond blade but you get what you pay for......
good luck just go a little at a time and im sure you will be fine.

johnnymo wrote:
Well....I examined the underside of the bathroom a little closer last
night. It appears that about 3 subfloor boards are not looking very
pretty. I will feel more comfortable pulling out the concrete to get a
good assessment and fix what needs to be fixed.

I guess I will try the sawing method. It sounds a little dusty, but I
guess it is the easy way and then bang out the cut pieces. I guess
there is recommended blade for cutting tile/concrete?

Thanks for the suggestions. It is going to be fun. Wish me luck.