Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar Lar is offline

Default wasps nest

In article . com,
says...

wrote:
On 16 Aug 2006 12:16:28 -0700, "jIM"
wrote:

Phisherman wrote:
On 15 Aug 2006 13:50:20 -0700, "jIM"
wrote:

I have had tyo take down two wasps nests on my new house. Any ideas to
keep them from coming back?

birdfeeders or anything like that?

The wasp/hornet spray will repel them for a week or two.

Thank you. I have sprayed the first one, it was 10 feet high (top of
gargage door), this second one is 25 feet up above garage (need two
ladders...).

What is a known predator for a wasp? Can a buy an owl to patrol the
skies around my house. LOL

It seems like the most dangerous aspect of wasps are the extreames
people go to in killing them. Wasps are really pretty harmless,
particularly 25 feet away.

the nest in 25 feet above my front door... if this was the back of my
house with no entrances, agreed.

If they are paper wasps, the inverted umbrella type nest, even if it
were 5 feet above the front door there will be no issue other than
evidence of the droppings on the porch. I have seen wasps that were
aggressive but they were much lower and probably were tired of the
homeowner spraying them with the water hose trying to knock the nest
down. It "trained" the wasps to attack on any motion within ten feet of
the nest, several people and pets were stung by the usually non
aggressive paper wasps.
--
Lar

but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.