Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Bill is offline

Default fire protection

It's really best to do as they say. In the past people have died as a result
of fires and the codes are there to try to keep these things from happening
again.

Also if you don't bring the wall up to code and there is a fire which
spreads due to this and it is discovered you did not install the required
fire protection, then all sorts of nasty things can happen. (Legal
liability, insurance not paying for damage, lawsuits, etc.)

"Ed" wrote in message
Hi,

I have some walls made from gypsum board which I need to replace with
30 minute fire resistant boards.

I'm not a DIYer so have no idea about these things, I'm just doing what
the council wants, but I'd really like to leave the walls as they are.
Does anyone know how to get round this? Can I cover the walls with some
kind of fire protection?

Thanks,

Ed.