Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rheilly Phoull Rheilly Phoull is offline

Default Single Light, Multiple Supplies

No. 1 Novice wrote:
I have recently installed an outside light which is switched using a
pir, however I want to install a second pir at the other end of my
garden to also switch the same light on when movement is detected. the
second pir has a power supply right next to it so I was wondering can

use the 2 suplies, 2 pirs and one light safely, my main concern is
that

when pir 1 is on then if pir 2 switches on, will the two seperate
supplies
conflict with each other? although both of the supplies are fed from
the same cct breaker, any advice is greatly appreiciated. Thanks

If you are sure about the PIR's being on the same breaker I cant see it
would be a problem, although the light fitting should be labelled to show it
is dual supplied in case others are involved with repairs.

--

Cheers ......... Rheilly P

Where theres a will, I want to be in it.