Posted to rec.woodworking
Tex Tex is offline

Default Looking for Hook and loop pad for 4 1/2" ryobi

In article ,
says...
Someone got a little heavy handed with my sander and the hook and loop pad
came off. Anyone know where to get a replacement?
Thx

I had the same problem. I went to the repair shop in Houston and found
that they'd had a recall some time back with those pads. Not only did
the hook & loop tend to come off, the worse problem was that the pads
tended to disintegrate and sling pieces.

They replaced mine on the spot under the recall. It is a bit smaller
and of tougher material. You might give them a call and see if the
model you have is covered under the recall.

Good Luck,

Tex