Posted to rec.woodworking
keith_nuttle keith_nuttle is offline

Default "door" panels

I to was looking at biscuit joiners and decided to go cheap and found
that cheap fitted my purpose better that the biscuit joiner.

I found that I could cut biscuit on my router and router table, using a
slot cutter bit. Using the router for corners is actually easier
because you do you can firmly place the piece on the table and get very
accurate slots. Using two fences one behind locating the slot and the
other in front (45"s)to prevent the piece from flying out, you can cut
the slots faster than with a jointer.

You can get the slot cutter and biscuits at Lee Valley

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...50,43217,43231

for less about 30

D. McDaniels wrote:d

Hi All,

I need to make several "door" panels for access ports to the attic.
Basically, I need a 1x4 routed frame with a plywood insert.

What's the best fasteners/method to join boards with a 45 degree miter? I
can't afford a biscuit joiner for this tiny amount of work.

Sure appreciate any suggestions.